Thursday, November 3, 2011

Ballard Nature Center and more

Our field trip to the Ballard Nature Center was by far the best field trip I've ever attended. I've went on several field trips in my own childhood as well as when the kids were public school educated. I can sincerely say I enjoyed every minute of this place. I can't wait to go back with the kids and take Ray for a visit. The educators were amazing... seriously. The kids loved it. The nature walk was awesome. I could just go on and on. Here's our pics:

Learning about animals that share the same food sources but are awake at opposite times of day:

Discussing the water habitat

This picture cracks me up. The woman Emily is standing next is my good friend Elisabeth. Why is this funny to me? Well, Emily is unintentionally standing perfectly to hide Elisabeth's 8 month pregnant belly. She looks so great!! You'd never know she's about to pop! :)
Nature Walk

Snapping Turtle catching some sun.
What's a field trip without a head cut-out? Emily's frown was intentional.

Here is a cute picture of Emily snuggling the cats. She had her face painted at the Fall Bazaar.



This last pic is of A.J. workbook. A day doesn't go by that he doesn't crack me up. He was to circle the type of clothing to wear based on the weather outside. Rather than circling a shirt he drew in a picture of pajamas.

3 comments:

Laura said...

Love to hear that you had a great field trip. For sure, one of the very best parts of homeschooling is the option to take many field trips a year and get that hands on experience! Andrew, great out of the box thinking on the Pajama draw in!!!

Greg & Stephanie said...

Gotta love fall! I'm glad to see you are back to blogging...it's one of the ways that I feel connected. Hope you are all doing well!

Victoria L. Stankus said...

We all enjoyed Ballard Nature Center also! Very nice place. Never disappointed when we go there. Thanks for sharing the pix. Oh... and we use that same calendar workbook that you use! :-)