Saturday, January 17, 2009

Backgrounds, Socks and Purpose

Yes, I do LOVE my new background! I was blog checking and I found Mindy having up her valentine background. Oh my, I thought, am I about to forget to 'decorate' for the next major holiday. I like my backgrounds like I like my socks... holiday friendly. I LOVE decorated socks. But that is another post for another time. (I meant to post on my breast cancer ribbon socks but I think I never got to it).

Is it just me or is choosing a background for your blog a whole "experience" in itself?? This one I decided on rather quickly. But I have been known to spend more than and hour clicking through the land of backgrounds. It is a cheesy form of self expression. I have to find one that suits my plain nature. Then I have to make sure I didn't copy one that someone else has... not cool. So anyway... I love this owl one. Pretty cute!

But back to the decorated sock thing. Yes, I like clothes that go with the season/holiday. And Yes, I would love it if me and Ray matched every day. It's funny that he probably wouldn't even mind. I might even go as far as all four of us matching. But that would take more ability than I have skillz. Plus, with the economy in a slump I don't think I can afford therapy for the kids.

All this brings me to the thought... Isn't it funny how God made us all generally the same, yet completely different. Most of us want to wear socks, but I am sure I am in the minority when it comes to holiday socks.

The majority of people have 2 arms and 2 legs. We take in air the same. Our blood circulates through our bodies the same. And our meals work their way throught just like the next guy. But what makes us each unique isn't a mistake. God has a plan for each of our lives and he made us just perfect for that special plan. I don't know what my socks have to do with God's plan? But they do remind me that God made me that way... for a reason. I don't have to be like the last pastor's wife, or the pastor's wife at my old church, or the pastor's wife my father in law is married to, or the pastor's wife down the way. God gave me distinct qualities to fulfill the plans He made for me. Not your plans, not my plans, His plans. So, I guess that makes it easy. All I do is copy the example Jesus left for me in the Bible, and serve Him with holiday socks and a smile.

No comments: