Monday, February 9, 2009

Stuck in Elevators and Dirty Magazines

So, this past week was crazy and it looks as if this week won't be any different.

Last Wednesday, AJ turned 5. That was really exciting and a fun day!

Thursday I got a flat tire while Ray was in Champaign. Let's just say, Emily had to be the strong one because AJ and I couldn't keep it together.

Saturday morning I was an hour late home from work. -and worn out!

Sunday, 1:30am -I got stuck in an elevator at work for 30 minutes. I quickly found out that you cannot actually use the phone in the elevator to call people at the actual hospital. It is an operator that calls for you. AND, the operator can't call the 6th floor to tell them you are stuck and keep an eye on your patients (don't worry, they did know I had left the floor) Not real settling when you have a floor full of patients and all you wanted was a soda and bag of chips.

Sunday morning I was an hour late again, affecting more people than myself including my pastor husband and the fact that I teach sunday school. Thankfully, good people help out!

Sunday night my cat got beat up by the local punk ferel cat. Ol' ferel cat's head will be mounted on our wall before the end of the week, I promise. I had a chance to run over that cat the other day and I didn't because I felt bad. I want you to know that I no longer feel bad... watch my tires for the remains of that bully stupid punk cat.

And today:
1. the one day ever I don't want a nap, I'm going to take a nap. I totally still feel like puking from the racing video game.
2.(this part is not family friendly) Plus, I went to get the mail while I was out taking the kids to school. I had ordered a free catalog from Lippincott Williams & Wilkins. They are the publishers of a ton of nursing journals and they also wrote most of my nursing text books. Well I ordered a Journal of Christian Nursing magazine to see if I wanted to subscribe to it. Ray and I would love to go on a short term (like a week) mission trip someday and I figure I could use my education while on a mission. Well, I get my brown package today with the words Contents: Journal of Christian Nursing CNJ vol 026 issue 01. You'll never belive what is inside ...................................................................... Journal of Lower Genital Tract Disease

Yes, that is what I said: Lower Genital Tract Disease. Yes they have a web page and No, I am not going to share it with you. You will be glad to know this has been a society since 1964. American Society for Colposcopy and Cervical Pathology. Am I going to read it? Of course, i'm a nurse, and I will probably learn a lot about cervical cancer. Am I irritated I didn't get the catalog I wanted YES!!!! Oh well, life goes on... I hope my title line cracked you up!



1 comment:

Greg & Stephanie said...

Ha! Girl, you crack me up! I have had days like that, and it's totally not funny when it happens, but it makes for some fun blogging! Have a great Valentine's weekend...maybe it will be uneventful. :)