Monday, December 15, 2008

Christmas Quilts

The sampler quilt for Ray's parents. The colors don't quite show true in the picutre, it is a little softer in the flesh. I LOVE sampler quilts!!! It was quilted with hearts. (click picture to enlarge for detail).
This sailboat quilt is for the baby Blake. I absolutly loved that blue "watery" fabric we found. Very fitting! It was quilted with wave like swirls. (click picture to enlarge for detail)

This last one is for the 2yr old Aiden. He (and his momma) love frogs. It was very hard to find frog fabric!! I was surprise by that. It is quilted with a loop type pattern. (click picture to enlarge for detail).

My Grandma Dorothy, my mom's mother, helped me by making some christmas presents this year. She made quilts for me!!! Several years ago, Grandma had made each of us grandchildren a quilt. Ray and I love our quilt and keep it on our bed year round. So, this summer I decided that quilts would be a great thing for my nephews because they could enjoy them for years to come (and of course think of me in the process) LOL! So this summer me, my mom, grandma, and Emily loaded up and headed to the fabric store and bought all the goodies grandma would need to make these creations. Grandma had shown me several of her quilts so I could get an idea of what I wanted. During that day I fell in love with her quilt and added a matching one on for my in-laws. So, the quilts have been done since this summer and this week they were boxed and mailed to Idaho! Enjoy! Disclaimer: Don't be concerned that the family might see the quilts too early. They already know all about them. Plus, I am sure Terri is VERY busy with giving her classes their finals this week and closing up the semester! And, I can't keep christmas presents to myself, I just get too excited!!!!!

No comments: