I LOVE the movie "How the Grinch stole Christmas". We sing the Grinch song in our home all year long. So, this leads me to my current problem... Ray is absolutely the hardest person in the world to give a present! He never needs anything. And all the stuff he wants are things you need special permits to purchase. (Loud Screaming with mild hair pulling) And even if I did venture out and buy him a gun or something like that, it would totally not be great. He'd do a half smile and be thinking I don't have the skills to properly pick out a great gun. So then, I was going to get him a MP3 player, but he went a got a stinkin phone that has one. ARG!!! It's like he can read my mind! I do talk in my sleep. Is it possible that I tell him these ideas without even knowing it. I just want to surpise him JUST ONCE! And by surprise I don't mean he comes home to a wrecked car or broken window. So, the story continues...
Well, Ray and I listen to A LOT of talk radio 800AM. He really enjoys Michael Easley, a pastor at Moody Bible Church. So I looked him up online a while back and he is speaking at the pastor's conference in May in Chicago. PERFECT!! He can hit the conference in the day while the brats and I terriorize Chi-town. Then we can spend the rest of the time bonding as a loving Christian family. Is that not picture perfect or what!!!! So here I am this morning about an hour ago finishing up some online shopping. I have a toysRus tab, Stampin Up tab, and Moody Conference tab pulled up on my browser. YES i MULTI-TASK! I just get off the phone from visiting with my mother in law and what text message do I get from Ray:
word for word :: go ahead and pre register me for that confrence
(BLOODY EAR CURDLING SCREAM, CHILLS GO DOWN MY SPINE) At least I do get a little satisfaction that he spelled conference wrong since he thinks he's the spelling bee king. Why OH Why can't I get all the attention for giving this great gift that makes me the best wife ever. (yes, you read that correctly, it's possibly all about me)
Well, the saga continues... Will I find the perfect gift that doesn't include a necktie?? Would the church mind if I purchase a pet Moose as long as we didn't let him in the house?? How can I out do the best gift ever?? IT'S ON!

No comments:
Post a Comment