
God blessed me today..... and yesterday..... and the day before. I know He will tomorrow. I know because I will ask for it, and He told me in the bible all I have to do is ask. I pray with my daughter before she goes to school. And my son will remind me to pray with him. Sometimes I forget that his little world needs protection too. If a patient talks a lot about God or praying or church I offer to pray with them. I think I get just as much blessing as they do. I look forward to sharing the Gospel with interested people. I feel that you are wasting your time if you don't have a relationship with that person. I am sure there are circumstances that could prove my theory wrong. In my personal prayer time, I pray for forgiveness in the ways I have let the Lord down. If He wants to break me I get on my knees and ask for the mercy that I haven't deserved or shown. I thank God for my family and all the ways He provides for me everyday. I thank God that he came into my heart. I pray that I will love and treat my husband right. I ask for guidance to be a good mother. I ask help to be a better pastor's wife and to do His will. I ask Him to help me not be tired, my biggest struggle. And I ask Him to help me hold my tongue, my second hardest struggle. Then I ask God to keep me healthy. I pray for my husband. I pray that he works hard, and he will stay safe, and that his ears will be open to what God wants him to preach on for the following Sunday. I pray for a good marriage, I pray for Ray to have a tender heart toward me and want to love me like Christ loved the church. I pray separately for both my children. I ask for their safety and protection, I pray for their purity, and I praise God for their knowledge that He is their savior. I pray that they will keep their faith and always serve the Lord, because I know the Lord honors those who love Him. I pray that the Lord will keep our hearts tender toward Him. I pray for the people on the white paper stuck in my bible. Most I don't know, but God does. I pray for them all with love as if they were my close friends. I pray for the church family and any other people I come in contact with that God brings to my mind. I pray for areas I know they want prayer for, and I pray for the unspoken difficulties that most families face. I pray for my family and personal and private stuggles we all as families go through. Then I ask God to help me grow in Him. I ask Him to give me the desire in my heart to be on fire for Him. I pray for the salvation of people He places in my heart. Then I ask Him for wisdom to understand His word. That's when I read my bible. I was 19 when I prayed a prayer to the Lord that I was making a lot of bad choices and I didn't want to live that way anymore, and I needed help. I was 21 when I finally got it. I didn't used to read my bible, until I figured out that is how you know what is the truth. This church idea is a lot harder that what the bible says. The bible is the most tender guidance untouched. God loves everybody, he really does. He doesn't care all the stupid stuff you've done. He would put your fingerpaint picture on the fridge. He did mine, and I promise I didn't deserve it. I may not be your typical pastors wife. But something I learn from the bible is that being real is what God wants. You can't be fixed if you don't know your broken. (edited for length)
1 comment:
Melissa,
You have a sweet loving heart and I know you have Jesus in your heart.
We love you and are proud to have you as our Pastor's wife.
You are doing a great job, and aren't you proud of Ray? His messages just keep getting better and better and they were always great, but WOW! God is indeed blessing you all.
Did you notice how AJ sat in his chair at the cookout during the devotions and hung on every word Ray said? He is really growing up.
Love you all,
Mark & Sheryl
Post a Comment