Wednesday, October 1, 2008

When I grow up.....




I am gonna start using blogging as a form of punishment...... "If you don't clean your room I'm gonna blog you!". J is bored to pieces every morning. I try to keep him entertained but it just isn't the same as fighting with Em. So today I most generously offered to let him help me with the laundry. He was excited, and all about it!!!! It is kind of weird, him helping with laundry.... I guess I haven't seen a guy do his own housework. No offense R. He's always really manly about it... always carrying the 'heavy' stuff so I don't have to. It made me wonder why God has placed the desire to be responsible in his heart? I'm sure you all have noticed the areas where your children excel, each being different. J is always picking up his room when asked. (our daughter is not so eager to please in this area) I just wish he'd have the same motivation for his yard toys. He talks a lot about wanting to be an army guy when he grows up. When he was folding the towels I could just picture him making his little army bed and putting on the cute little army outfit. I'm so thankful for this little time I have to be his "mommy". Because I know eventually I will be just "mom" or maybe even "melissa" and he'll be doing his own laundry at his own home.

No comments: