If something can be really easy and really hard at the same time, Canning is it! I attempted, for the first time ever, to can tomato juice this evening. Don't worry, I won't ask you to sample it. I am all about following sanitary guidelines (hence being a nurse) but since I have a cough I am sure there are germs in those jars just waiting to make us sick this winter. LOL! Just Kidding! I used the boiling method (since I don't have a pressure cooker). It was a lot of fun but I am glad my little family wasn't counting on me to can all our food for the entire winter (i ponder little house on the prairie stories as we speak). I do, however, have this dream of this bountiful garden and canning and freezing all this food and baking homemade bread and my children so blessed. Yet, when reality jumps back in, I'm not quite the domestic goddess I had imagined. Especially since it is late.... and I'm saving my dishes for the morning. But with some great winter planning, and the helpful purchase of gardening tools.... I WILL have a great garden next year! I will make my monkey kids weed and water faithfully by myside! People will say "My she sure has grown!" Then, this time next year I can blog on how far I've come! Then again.....
You are valuable because you exist. Not because of what you do or what you have done, but simply because you are. –Max Lucado
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
-
Last week the kids and I had a couple days to ourselves. I wanted to snuggle on the couch and veg for two days. The kids, however, did not...
-
A whole lot of nothing... and everything. That is what is going on in the Blair House. We are keeping busy enough that I cannot blog about...
-
Our field trip to the Ballard Nature Center was by far the best field trip I've ever attended. I've went on several field trips in ...
No comments:
Post a Comment